1. By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions which will take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms please do not access or use the website. These terms and conditions could change at any time, and
2. Taiwanease may change these terms at any time by posting the changes online and it is your responsibility to check them every time you access the forum areas of the website or you wish to make a comment. Your continued or renewed use of the website after such changes are posted means you agree to be bound by these terms as amended.
3. When you submit any contribution to the website, whether that includes text, photographs, graphics, video or audio in any format, you agree by submitting your contribution to grant Taiwanease a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive sub licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed to the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not wish to grant these rights please do not submit your contribution.
4.1 By submitting any contribution to the website:-
4.2 you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Taiwanease for all purposes and to grant the right and licence referred to above.
4.3 you warrant that:
4.3.1 your contribution is not defamatory and does not infringe any law or person’s rights; and
4.3.2 you have taken all possible care to ensure that your contribution will not attract any complaint under 4.3.1; and
4.3 you indemnify Taiwanease against all damages, legal fees and others expenses that may be incurred by Taiwanease as a result of any breach of warranty.
5.1 You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
5.2 The following are examples (but not an exhaustive list) of behaviour/action which is prohibited:-
- anything abusive or threatening
- material which is sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene or likely to harass or cause distress or be disruptive
- multiple posting
5.3 Should any contribution by you be deemed, in Taiwanease’s sole judgment to fall within these categories, or to be undesirable in any way for the good running of the website or its reputation, Taiwanease reserves the right to delete such contribution and/ or to block any further contributions by the email address or IP address that you have used to make such contribution
6. If you are under 16, you must get a parent or guardian’s permission before making any contribution.
7. Taiwanease reserves the right to delete any contribution at its sole, unfettered discretion at any time without notice or explanation.
8. You may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, download, post broadcast, transmit, make available to the public or otherwise use the content of the website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use, not adapt or to create a derivative work from any content except for your own personal non-commercial use.
9. To the extent permissible in law, Taiwanease will not be liable for any loss including but not limited to the following (whether such losses are foreseen, known or otherwise) loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, losses suffered by third parties, any indirect, consequential or exemplary damages.
10. Taiwanease does not warrant that the functions contained in the website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the server which makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
11. The names, images and logos identifying Taiwanease or third parties in their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Taiwanease and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms should be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Taiwanease or any third party.
12. These terms shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and any dispute shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of China.